Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Princess Blog





Some of you will want to know that I've arrived safely in Guatemala. Their weather has been weird: extremely variable with some rain. The dry season doesn´t usually end until May. It all feels good to me.
It is marvelous to feel at home amidst the tropical air, flowers and birds. But it is really the people that give Guatemala its special character.
And here´s a shout out to Wesley that I ate two of those tiny special tamales, one for him. There is something magical about unwrapping the corn stalk that ties the husk, peeling open the husk and then when you eat, finding that morsel of whatever is the daily treat (a little piece of chicken, meat or beans).
I am enjoying the princess life for two days at a wonderful hotel in Antigua before I head off to the mountains where conditions are less plush, but the community can´t be beat.

No comments: