Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Arthur Siegel in "Color Rush: 75 Years of Color Photography in America" at MAM


Here I am being the good photographer's daughter and dutifully posing in front of the entrance to the COLOR RUSH show at Milwaukee Arts Museum, open through May 19th. The show includes my dad's work in the form of two prints and a spread from a 4-page "art" piece he did for LIFE magazine in 1952 (before I was even a gleam...). But since you can't photograph in this superb exhibition, you will have to go see for yourself in the few remaining weeks. There is a catalog available with the same name. 



Here is my favorite photo image from this trip, looking through the glass elevator shaft from the 2nd floor entry to Calatrava's Cathedral-like space. And below is my inevitable shot of the parking garage, a place so transcendent that I always feel, gratefully, like I've arrived on another planet. The human figure is my friend and graphic designer of my J. Siegel Designs website (long overdue for a redesign, but holding up well), Joerg Metzner.



2 comments:

Lynn Miller said...

Some friends and I enjoyed the photography show recently, and I love the pic of you in front of it. Your photos of the Calatrava spaces are amazing. . . creative photography is definitely in the Siegel genes.

Julie Siegel said...

Lynn: thanks for your on-line feedback and your constant inspiration of keeping up with art, architecture and culture! Indeed: I lucked out with some genes.