Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January Ducky





First three weeks of January have been chock-full of design deadlines, so little time for this blog...
As I was wrapping up a Concept Drawing for tomorrow's client meeting, this bit of it leapt out at me, looking like a rubber ducky. I realized that it (a transition line between ground cover and mulch) was the only curve in a large geometric design. I had to preserve its function, so I took a marker and rendered the curve into straight lines. Always room to edit.
Meantime: 61 degrees forecast for Saturday and, as usual, the local NPR news person announces it cheerfully: Awrgh!!!

2 comments:

LINDA from Each Little World said...

Aargh is right! It's like all the people who loved our sunny no rain summer. We're having rain today but it will mostly run off as the gutters are pretty much blocked with piles of snow.

Julie Siegel said...

I know. The temps keep fluxuating. I worry for the plants since we are still in drought and we needed extra precipitation to balance the severe drought and heat of last year.