Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Education


Yesterday morning I was so looking forward to giving my PowerPoint on Architecture & Paths at today's session for the Wicker Park Garden Club Home Landscape Design course. Above you can see one of the slides of a courtyard my company made-over last June. I was also delighted we were getting snow (the second since my last post about abnormal seasonal weather). And I looked forward to the soulfulness of walking in the snowfall.


But, since "a funny thing happened on the way to the forum," my colleague Sam Marts, of SMA&P, is graciously playing pitch hitter with my lecture today. And I can now only view the weather from inside as you can see below. Then continue.


  
Below you can see the reason why my mobility is challenged. A sprained ankle from slipping on the snow-covered ice while dog walking (the ER staff said that is the most common reason they see people with these injuries). Theoretically, I have five total days on crutches.  After a half day and a night, I am getting a memorable education on how challenging this is, wishing I were one of those women who was trained to carry things on her head. Meantime, I am grateful for improved hardware (go Air Cast that I can remove at night & showers....I broke my foot when 12 and the technology is so much improved now!). And I am also grateful to live in a community with two decent hospitals and nearby generous friends & neighbors.  Finally, it sure helps my healing to be married to an awesome, progressive chiropractor in Applied Kinesiology .  So: here's a shout out to Mats! You can also read more about one AK practitioner who is a giant in the field here.


2 comments:

Altoon Sultan said...

oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope you heal very quickly and are back up and about.

Julie Siegel said...

Thanks Altoon! I like yr new visual ID.