Monday, January 23, 2012

Reflections with a Sprained Ankle


First: I wanted to thank the many of you who sent me healing emails.  Since most of you never comment publicly, I don't know that you read this until I get cheerful greetings in my Inbox. Whichever method of communication: I feel surrounded by friends! Since the path to healing is never as fast or as straight as we'd wish (just like the maturation of a garden), support helps!

And, of course, I am grateful that my injury was minor and not during planting season.

I mentioned wishing that, with crutches, I was better at carrying things on my head...which reminded me of last year's visit to Guatemala...see above.

Below you can see the deceptively bucolic path at 10,000 where I slipped off and pulled a tendon last March. I have also noticed that on crutches, one place that's OK, is leaning up against our kitchen counter. But as you can see, not a lot of those in the cooking areas the Mayan villagers inhabit. At the bottom, you can see the types of more challenging sloped paths I will need to navigate when I return this March. If you have any ankle-strengthening tips: send 'em!
 


No comments: