Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tired, But Happy...


A client meeting tonight marks the end of a long & very creative design process.  I've been working with a nearby Co-op on a historic, somewhat Arts & Crafts property from the 1920s, doing an updated Master Landscape Plan for the next five years. As I see it: I've been trying to integrate 20th C Design with 21st C Plants & People. It's been very exciting, not to mention the challenge of taking into account the views and needs of many of the owners of the building's 50 units.

As I may have mentioned: I still draw by hand. And I still believe that process is a better connection for my hand & eye & brain and ends up with a better product from me for my clients.

Here are some of the remnants of the Concepts plus the final Drawings scattered around my office as I ready the final Plant List. And think about the themes I will once again try to articulate during tonight's presentation. Having Many clients for one job has its pluses and minuses, but in the end: really stretches me!
 

4 comments:

Deetka said...

WOW!! I hadn't realized there was so much work involved.
But satisfaction will occur when all 50 will be so happy.
AND, will recommend u to their friends!
Where is it located? Will I see it when I'm in Chicago next?
Today, your coldest day so far ... and it's chilly here too ... with wind!

Julie Siegel said...

Deet: It was a glorious day here with clear blue skies and sun that is still warm when you're not in shade. I was on the jobsite this morning meeting with my contractor to focus on some budget items and it was a treat. This place has a walled garden that is so unique, it is a treasure. It's a long-term project, but I can certainly take you to see the "before" when you visit.

LINDA from Each Little World said...

Catching up on lots of great posts and pictures. I have seen a row of that reindeer lichen stuffed as barrier between storm and interior windows. Love the fallen maple leaves. I actually called Mark from work one morning at 7 am knowing he'd only gotten to bed around 1 or 2 a.m. because I saw hoarfrost as I drove to work. Made him take pix knowing how rarely that happens around here.

Julie Siegel said...

Yes, Linda: we are lucky and must appreciate those magical moments, eh?