Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friends at the Art Institute of Chicago



Our friends and wonderful bloggers, Linda Brazill & Mark Golbach (Each Little World) visited from Madison. Linda, Mark and I went to the Art Institute. We forgot cameras, but played with iPhones.

1.) A fun picture of them in a favorite Japanese gallery.
2.) Mark looking at some photos of my dad's (Arthur Siegel).
3.) Bio on my dad.

I am always proud of Arthur's work. This exhibit, "Chicago Cabinet: Views from the Street," also displayed some images that were new to me as they were apparently donated by him when I was a year old.



3 comments:

Altoon Sultan said...

I wish I could have joined you on what looks like a great day at the museum. I admire Arthur Siegel's photography a lot.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to discover prints of your father's you've never seen. I remember what a thrill it was to happen on Arthur Siegel photos at San Francisco's de Young Museum a little over a year ago. Overall, I love your blog!

Julie Siegel said...

Altoon & Liz:
thanks so much for your supportive feedback. Yes, I admire my dad's work too. And I feel that it is a gift that I continue to get new access to the way my father interacted with the world these many decades after he died. But the artistic and spiritual planes keep unfolding..