Sunday, April 11, 2010

More Guatemala: WBEZ Worldview



Speaking about the Earthways/AFOPADI sustainable agricultural project I work with in Guatemala is one of my favorite things. Luckily I will be able to do it again on WBEZ's Worldview on Tuesday April 13th. Listen during the second half of the show (at 12:30 pm or the rebroadcast at 9:30 pm Chicago time or the podcast the day afterward) when Jerome McDonnell and I will discuss some of these sustainable issues in the larger context of the economy and climate change.This is a preview for the presentation "Applying Global Green Locally" that I will give at 12:30 pm on Saturday April 17th at the 3rd Annual Worldview Global Activism Expo. This year, the free event will will held at the UIC forum from 12 - 6 pm. Please stop by our table and say "Hi." You may also meet Kristen Kepnick, one of the fabulous newer guard on the MELA board. Given the 100 projects and the thousands who attend, this is a fascinating event.Good food and music too, but the best part is inspiration about what people are doing around the world.

Instead of Waldo, where's the little girl below in the organic crops?

1 comment:

Deetka said...

Ah yes!!! That's MY kind of little girl. I see her and so many others like her every time I walk out my door (at least for 2 more days!)
I hope that I know how to receive that podcast on my favorite station. I got you once and hope to do it again .... from an entirely different venue than I get here.\
Hasta luego, querida