Monday, January 20, 2014

Martin Luther King & Guatemala


Actually, it is interesting to reflect on King's name after seeing a German production of Luther's life on Swedish t.v. during the holidays. I understand more now about his commitment to the poor and working against corruption.

During this morning's NPR reflections on King, a phrase stood out for me. Basically, the comment was that, in the last year of his life, when King recommitted and aligned with the poor, that was a dangerous thing to do in a capitalist culture. It reminded me of our AFOPADI friends and partners in Guatemala, and so here are the beloved mountain tops I visit there during my annual SSG & Earthways site visit.

I will be discussing the effect my non-profit work in Guatemala has had on my business and my life in a February 6th Webinar I'll give for MELA. It has an unbearable long title, but I hope to make the presentation clear & succinct. And there will be many pictures. You can register here for "Sustainability & Health:  How Sustainable Practices in Guatemala Have Influenced My Business and My Way of Life."

No comments: