Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After the Election...


A few weeks ago, I visited my parents in Indiana. Their cabin is in the midst of the most incredible nature, but since it was pre-Election, they were focused on the t.v. (no Internet access out there). But, on my way home, my mom sent me down a special road because the trees were at the height of their fall color. It was especially breathtaking since our extreme drought this past summer left me with low expectations.
And now, because my expectations on the Election were surpassed, and because, even though Climate Change was not mentioned during the campaign until Sandy, I believe the more realistic candidate for addressing its effects is still President, I can rest and enjoy nature for a day. Hope you can too.
Luckily, I know just the place to do that tomorrow....


3 comments:

Liz Muir said...

Is this cabin situated on a river or lake?

What a refreshing place to watch electioneering!

What a perfect place to savor election results.

Julie Siegel said...

Actually, it is next to a pond created by the previous owner for fishing.

LINDA from Each Little World said...

Still in 7th heaven over election results with Tammy Baldwin going to the Senate. Can you believe the city of Milwaukee had an 87% turnout rate? The Obama team sure put together an amazing ground game.