Saturday, September 22, 2012

Northwest Horticultural Society Tour


About a month ago, I was lucky enough to lead a tour for the Northwest Horticultural Society from Seattle. It's always eye-opening to hang out with gardeners and designers from other regions. This group was especially on the ball, so they kept me on my toes. We started out in downtown Chicago at Millennium Park's Lurie Garden (above). Then, we moved north to Alfred Caldwell's Lily Pool (below).
 

Finally, we ended up at the Lincoln Park Conservatory, where I got a break. My neighbor, Rick del Visco, led the tour through the Conservatory. Turned out that his favorite and mine (since chidhood) was the Fern Room.
Another favorite garden of ours belongs to friends, Linda Brazill and Mark Golbach, in Madison. The NW Hort Society's tour continued there after Chicago. You can read about it on the August 28, 2012 post from their fabulous blog: "Each Little World" (The link isn't working this second, but try it yourself!). I will be lucky enough to visit them, their garden and some others in Wisconsin this week.


No comments: