Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I am not a proof reader, etc.


A few people emailed flower ID suggestions for last post. One, Deet, even kindly corrected my spelling as follows:
"How nice...the way u spell flower. It shows that you are still very young. My daughter stopped saying fower at about 4."
Deet also suggested Indian Paintbrush for that vivid red Mojave flower.  Which is what Jill from CBG thought, as did I.  But, I didn't mention it because that flower blooms so much later in the summer for us...

These images show my huge victory in the "Cobbler's Children" Category.  I managed to clean out the evergreens on my back porch last weekend...the only remaining clean-out belongs to my neighbor Rick, the other plant professional in our condo. I also did my second weeding in my tiny front plot.
The nice surprise was this Hosta below that overwintered. It shouldn't have since the pot is tiny and unprotected.  But the porch is very sheltered and given our record-breaking winter of warm temps (great article on how people are finally acknowledging Climate Change in today's [4.18.12] NY Times), I shouldn't be. I recall I got it last spring as an annual on a client outing for roses at Milaegers in Racine, WI.  'Paul's Glory' is the cultivar name I recall.


No comments: