Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rick of the Green Thumb



I arrived home yesterday to find my amazing plants neighbor, Rick del Vesco, watering his Staghorn fern on the north-facing stairs of our back entry. Aside from helping customers at the great local nursery, Anton's Greenhouses, Rick adds delight to our condo. And I get sanity from him when I am going nuts with our condo's increasing misunderstanding and poorly-directed actions (or inaction) regarding landscape. But that's another story...

Due to challenging lighting conditions, I couldn't get a good shot of his porch. But if you look closely, you can see the hanging Rosemary Rick has overwintered for 5 years.



2 comments:

Deetka said...

Hurray for Rick! How I wish I had his green thumb.
My garden is black ... lots of good wet earth... and nothing (but the ubiquitous New Zealand spinach) growing out of it!!!
Does he want to come here and offer some suggestions?
Deet from Antigua Guatemala

LINDA from Each Little World said...

5 years! That is a green thumb. I've tried overwintering rosemary a couple of times with no success.