Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gardens & Puppies, Continued...



After I posted earlier today, I received the following comment which my client asked me to post in response to what I had written/shown. At the risk of being immodest, I am honoring her request and also putting up her photo of the previous spirit dog during the garden construction. We imagine he is watching over the garden and encouraging the new puppy to become familiar with the life surround.

"Thankfully, our garden is also infused with your spirit. Four years ago this month, we planted. How did such a tiny urban garden grow to hold so much life? Each year a greater number and variety of birds migrates through, nests, eats and are born here. The butterflies, hummingbird moths, and hummingbirds have found us too. Thank you for creating spaces for us to pause, paths to move along, and giving us views to look out near and far with trees and climbers to make us invisible from city streets and buildings.
Happy Birthday, Garden! Thank you, Julie...."

Thank you to all my clients who let me live vicariously, with gratitude.

4 comments:

LINDA from Each Little World said...

I like the view from the porch pre-garden!

Julie Siegel said...

They lost an elm, 6' diameter, to Dutch Elm, just to the right of the new path. Obviously, this effected design and planting.

Altoon Sultan said...

That's such a great story, to hear how you helped create a place so full of life. It must be very gratifying.

Julie Siegel said...

Altoon, I feel very lucky to have such meaningful work.