Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Red Spirit Retreats


Ground Totem

It's been about a week since I facilitated a weekend at the Red Spirit Retreats. The topic was on Landscapes: Inside & Out. We used Julie Moir Messervy's classic book: The Inward Garden as our jumping off point. Unlike the last workshop I led when the skies were perfectly crisp & clear, this weather was the opposite. While the cold damp gray atmospherics meant many cups of tea, there was no internal gloom: nature just gave us a different path of exploration. We entered into several diverse archetypes en route and, I would hope, saw the land through changed lens when we left for home.

With several last minute cancellations due to dog allergies, we were an intimate band. This resulted in group members really having an opportunity to explore the landscape exercises and to get to know each other.
As always, when I teach, I learn tremendously AND I have some wonderful new friends.Too, I am grateful to Karen Shanks for making these times possible.


One of the attendees is part of a CSA in MI: Fat Blossom Farm. Just the name brings a smile to my lips, let alone the veggies! If you wish to help support sustainable ecologically-sound practices when you eat: join up! They have drop-off points around Chicago area.


The soon-to-be-larger pond

Zeppy, Mastiff & Mascot

No comments: