Sunday, November 29, 2009

Arthur Siegel Photos at de Young



So I am back from an actual vacation and hope to catch up here with photos of museums and gardens and landscapes.

The reason for my visit was a show, "Towards Abstraction," that was conceived around a donation to the San Francisco museum of 15 of my dad's photos from the 1940s through 1960s. I loved the way the curator, James Ganz, "matched" images among the various photographers (there were also prints by Mapplethorpe, Callahan, Weston, Cunningham etc.) via form or weight or concept. I was pleased to discover that the specific photos were very good representatives of Arthur's work black & white early to mid-work.

No fashion slouch, I dressed for the occasion.


1 comment:

Joerg said...

Love your outfit! Good to see you among your dad's photos.