Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Red Spirit Retreats



The new website has just gone up for The Red Spirit Retreats. Though seemingly a planet away, this amazingly peaceful spot in Michigan is just a few hours drive from Chicago. The retreats began last year and I was lucky enough to lead one (see my blog entry 22 October 2007 for more pics). This year I will be there October 17 - 19, our theme is "Exploring Landscape: Inside & Out." Very hands on, Karen Duffin-Shanks (Earth Mother extraordinaire and red spirit facilitator) describes the women's weekends as focusing on creativity, nature, health and self-growth. Well, I can't promise the latter, but with wonderful food, people, beech forests & crackling fires, it almost has me wishing for autumn when spring's barely begun. We had one of those rare perfect spring rains this morning: what a mood elevator!

No comments: