Monday, January 11, 2016

Trees and Steiglitz and Bowie on My Mind


The top image is the fallen fruit of the tree, Liquid Amber (Liquidambar styraciflua) or Sweetgum. Usually it drops its fruit in Spring, just before new growth. I took this photo last week....so it is running several months ahead. The deeply cold weather that arrived yesterday should interrupt that rush to Spring....

Below is a famous image taken by the great American photography, Alfred Stieglitz. Through March 27th, you can visit the superb show at the Art Institute of Chicago, "Alfred Stieglitz and the 19th Century. Some interesting Julia Margaret Cameron's are included.

And on the note of legendary artists: I would like to salute David Bowie. I will miss his presence and expansion of our culture.



1 comment:

LINDA from Each Little World said...

I have always loved this photo. A few years ago I was standing on State St. in Madison looking towards the Capitol when I realized there were at least three intersections with facing pairs of flatiron type buildings on the corners. Not quite as tall or slim but nevertheless . . .