Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Chicago Botanic Garden Tours: At Night & In Rain


In a month (Friday September 28th), I hope to lead a tour at the Chicago Botanic Garden: "The Garden After Dark." We'll include viewing "Lighting at Night," (one of my favorite postcard collecting categories), and, as well, approach the garden experience in terms of the other senses. Please register here and also, pass along the info. to your friends.
So, last Sunday, I scoped out our tour trail during a rare summer visit to the CBG, probably one of my nicest ever since it was in the rain. Of course, that meant all my iPhone shots (rain ruins it like the Wicked Witch of the West), were taken from covered areas. Above, you can see one of the bridges leading to Evening Island and below another bridge leading off the Island. Below that was my new BFF: Peter who gave me a superb tour of the Buehler Enabling Garden. Full of fragrant plants, it will be included on our tour. Please join us and add to the discussion...I find the teacher always learns more than the student.




No comments: