Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marvelous Gardens in Madison: (Part I) Allen Centennial



After recently visiting Volo Blog, I then meandered through the rain up to Madison. There I spend a wonderfully relaxing, sustaining weekend with dear friends, Linda Brazill & Mark Golbach. When the clouds parted, we toured the UW-Madison garden: Allen Centennial, an educational delight. The garden really engaged me. Linda with her 25 years of outstanding journalistic experience and Mark with his art background and fine camera tell the garden details on the August 12th post on their marvelous blog: Each Little World. Some of my photos assist in the telling...

The one observation I'd like to add can be seen above. What a creative solution to recycling left-over flagstone! One of the most interesting rock gardens I've seen.

3 comments:

LINDA from Each Little World said...

Julie — thanks for the plug and the compliments. You definitely got the best shot of that garden. You are right that it is a great example of creative recycling.

Sarah said...

I LOVED that rock garden, too! actually, those up-ended flags made me think of you + Bradford :)
xo s

Julie Siegel said...

Two of my favorite people on the same tree: thanks! I might have to add more rock shots...