Friday, July 31, 2009

Red Rock Canyon: July



Hot Fun In The Summertime! So the only kind of bet I would make is that I was the only one on the plane to Vegas flying out for a night to see my chiropractor...

Despite the 105 temps, I drove out to my beloved Red Rock Canyon and surprised myself by doing a little hiking (hydrate & more hydrate). There were hardly any tourists and for the first time I got to walk Keystone Thrust alone. Luckily I didn't run into any stinging or biting creatures...and I returned feeling my landscape soul renewed.

View from the hike above. Below you can see the burnt Joshua trees along the main road. A fragile ecology while the land heals.

1 comment:

Joerg said...

I love Red Rock and miss that landscape. That little canyon is magical. Meanwhile we had some amazing clouds and light at the beach here.