Thursday, November 27, 2008

Niki de Saint Phalle & Birds Flying



The answer to my previous post is that the image was shot through the opening (bottom right) in the wonderful Niki de Saint Phalle sculpture pictured here. It's located in the environs of St. Louis at the Laumeier Sculpture Park (pronounced locally: "Low-My-Errr"). More on recent fun there later, but for now, here's a glimpse of my favorite piece in the park...and since "Birds" makes the title soar, though the sculpture is infinitely grounded...it's appropriate for today's Holiday (if you are still eating birds after watching the latest Sarah Palin "Turkey Beheading" video on UTube).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Having things to celebrate is a gift and if the glass is less than half full than we can at least be grateful for a full life.


1 comment:

LINDA from Each Little World said...

Loved the Nikki and the birds' nest sculpture. Another reason to visit St. Louis. Saw Nikki once when I was in college and she was installing a show at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo. I went right out and got over-the-knee leather boots and a floor length wool cape so I would like her, like an artist!