Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cool Globes



Since I'm going to be on a panel discussing the cool globes on October 13th at the Coyote Art Festival I've been thinking a lot about global warming. In turn, this leads me to reflect on the reforesting/organic agriculture project my company has been helping to support in Guatemala for the past few years. Now that I am the Earthways project director, essentially the US fundraiser & liason to the NGO in Guatemala, and because it is my favorite place on the globe, I have Guatemala on my mind. And heart. Since I never posted a report on my most recent trip there (Feb. '06), I'm going to try to post some images here before I return.

Let's start with an image up in the mountains at about 10,000. If you look closely, you can see that people are farming up here. Given the utterly impoverished soil & human conditions it is amazing that many of those who have been returning to organic & sustainable methods have begun to achieve striking results.

No comments: