Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Guatemala 7: Scenic Mountain Beauty



As our dear friend, Jeffrey (who writes the fabulous audio blog: HiFi Heroin) was departing for his return trip to parts South, I pointed out this postcard of Guatemala I had recently put on the frig. In a shocked tone, my husband commented that it was beautiful and asked me if that was where I had been. So in a proverbial wifely tone, I answered, "Of course, if you had been listening to me....."He then protested, "All you ever show in your blog is grey water or brown water. How would I know it was beautiful?" So, in deference to my better half, I show here some images of the Cuchumatanes Mountains in NW Guatemala where the villages AFOPADI works with are located.



Up in the clouds near Papal (10,000 ft): I think Wesley shot this from the back of the pick-up.

Looking through cornfield, outskirts Casaca (5,000 ft).

No comments: